Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Korean Chicken with Rice, Roasted Onion and Peppers



Korean Chicken with Rice, Roasted 
Onion  and  Peppers

The recipe for the marinade in this recipe was given to many many years ago by a dear friend. She is Korean and gave me some delicious recipes and this was one of them. One of these days I will share her Pot Stickers and General Tao's recipe with you. I love Korean and Chinese food and I love making it myself even more. 

There is so much flavor packed in this marinade and with the peppers, onions and rice it all came together.  This is a great meal that can feed lots of people. The kids and husband loved it and tomorrow we will be having Fried Rice with the left over white rice. The key to fried rice is using day old cold rice. 


Ingredients

Large pack of boneless chicken thighs

Marinade

1 cup of soy sauce
3 t. of minced garlic
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoon of dried green onion flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Trim the fat from the chicken (the picture below is before I trimmed the fat). In a pot or large bowl mix together the soy sauce, minced garlic, water, sugar, onion and salt and pepper. Marinate all day in the fridge. The longer the better. I cooked mine on my George Foreman Grill.  You could also bake these. I served with white rice, roasted peppers and onions that I had frozen. Delicious! I used some of the marinade in the onions and peppers when I cooked them with a little olive oil. 








Thanks for stopping by!



Dori


9 comments :

  1. That looks delish! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks delicious! Can you elaborate on the roasted onions and peppers? I don't do a lot of cooking:/. But I'd like to try this! Thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, now I need to buy chicken! You've done it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous! I love Asian inspired cuisine :)

    Please please put that General Tao's chicken in the "coming soon" section of your to-do list. I LOVE THAT STUFF and ordering take-out gets pretty darn expensive.

    Thank you, Dori! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - Looking forward to tomorrow's fried rice too ;)

      Delete
  5. OMG I can smell it cooking through the screen! Adding this one to my must cook list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this dish tonight for dinner, and it was awesome! I made one slight change, since we prefer the spicy nature of Asian cuisine. I added some chili garlic sauce to the marinade,and then I made the same marinade with some cornstarch for the vegetables to cook in because it tastes so good! I'm also looking forward to fried rice tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!