Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Skillet Garlic Shrimp Linguine





 Garlic Shrimp with Linguine

I keep saying that you don't need to go out to an expensive restaurant to get a really delicious meal. I bought a large bag of shrimp and it fed 6 of us for $13.98 for the shrimp and $1.98 for noodles, serve with bread and butter. I absolutely love shrimp and this is a really delicious recipe, easy to make and a family favorite. I end up making the whole bag for our family and there is never any shrimp left in the end. One of my favorites. Me and the girls work together peeling the shrimp, they always ask to help. You can adjust everything to your taste, pour the buttery sauce over the shrimp and noodles! You could even serve it with a Pan Seared Steak

Ingredients

24 large uncooked frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
3 t. of minced garlic
2 tbsp cold butter
desired amount of dried parsley flakes
1/2 lemon, juice or  1 T. of lemon juice

Directions

Make sure the shrimp are very well thawed and drained (I get the excess water off with a paper towel). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place a large skillet on high heat, and add the olive oil. When the oil is very hot then add the shrimp and sauté on high heat for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are about halfway cooked. Add the minced garlic, and sauté for 1  more minute. Add the cold butter, reduce heat to medium, and cook for another minute, or until the shrimp are cooked. Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon. Serve immediately.








Recipe adapted from About.com American Food

Thanks for stopping by!



Dori

6 comments :

  1. OMG!! I could eat the computer screen right now! Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't even have to turn them,just shake the pan and they will flip on their own. Make sure they have time to brown though. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the irresistable dinner idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any simple recieps for salmon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny you asked because I just bought some salmon at the store and was wanting to find a great recipe. I will blog it when I do!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!