Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shredded Pork Tacos




Shredded Pork Tacos

Riches to Rags by Dori was started based on the difficult times our family has been through over the last several years. I wanted to share with others that there are "Riches" in "Rags" and that no matter what life has to offers us we need keep any negativity out of our happy life. If you think negative and you talk negative that is what you will attract and receive. Same goes for being positive. Try it sometime, it really does work. 

Yesterday, I got the unfortunate news that I had lost my job. It was completely unexpected, I was floored,shocked and very upset. I went to work because my husband was hurt at work and has been home.  Immediately I found myself turning toward negativity, anger, resentment and blame. I had to change that and not allow any negativity and I did. This is a blessing in disguise, it will give me more time to blog, more time with my family and a new door and beginning is opening. I truly believe that. I just wanted to share with you that I KNOW how hard times can be for a lot of us right now but I promise if you focus on the positive, stay grateful and give LOVE that is what you will receive back. Hope that wasn't to gushy. 

My sister Rebecca gifted me a book called "The Power" to my iTunes. This book has changed my life. I am teaching it to my husband and my children. My daughter came home from school today and said she told someone in her class about it who was having a difficult day. It works, it has made our home a much happier place. I highly highly recommend it to anyone. It basically talks about what you give is what you receive good or bad. It is wonderful and I hope you will read it.  You can get it at your local bookstore or on Amazon. I feel so strongly about this book that I would also like to give one away. Just leave a comment about something positive and I will pick a winner sometime this weekend. 

                                                                        

Now on to the wonderful world of FOOD. 



I did a post a while back on Shredded Pork Tenderloin and posted a couple of different recipes. This time I wanted to make another one with Tacos. I bought the Pork Tenderloin at Walmart for $11.97 and it will feed my family of 5 for two meals and some lunches. It is a great deal, amazing flavor and goes along ways. These were sooooo delicious. 

Directions

Make your Pork Tenderloin and shred it using the recipe link above. I used vegetable oil to cook the corn tortillas to just enough to cook them so I could still fold them. Pat out the grease with a paper towel. Fill the shells with shredded pork and then lots of cheese. I put them under the broiler to melt the cheese and brown the edges. I pour just a little bit of the juice from the crock pot pork in each one for flavor. Add your desired toppings. 

The toppings I used were:

Fresh Pico De Gallo Salsa
Cotija Cheese from the Mexican section in refrigeration
Sliced Avocado
Salt and Pepper 
Cilantro







Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for the Aroma Rice Cooker and Food Steamer. Click HERE for the information.

Thanks for stopping by!


Dori

11 comments :

  1. I love your positive outlook. I truly believe that there is a plan for all of us and I know for sure that we are never alone. All will be well with you and your family -- God is in charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your bad day yesterday :-(

    I've been a motivational speaker for a while; definitely well read - and that's a fantastic book. I have one of those books, the kind you recommend to everyone because it completely changed how you operate. It's called How To Be Happy, Dammit - the cynics guide to spiritual happiness. Its by Karen Salmansohn. Its a great read because it takes simplistic ideas, throws in some great stories, a few jokes, and allows you to connect to self motivation on a spiritual level. Definitely check it out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dori I admire you. How sweet your attitude is, may The Lord bless you and keep. And make His face to shine on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the stuff you do. I'm learning nothing is impossible with God, I hope that the journey u are about to go on is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I don't know you personally, but I can say with sincerity that I'm proud of you!! It is only human and natural to have the time of anger and negativity to go through but the short duration of yours just truly speaks to your character and I think you're awesome! For every down side there is to life there is always a bright side as well and you have found it! Keep basking in the light of it and great things will always come to you and your wonderful family!! My family has been through similar circumstances to yours and we have proven time and again that negativity will get us nowhere...the power of positive thinking is the only way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your job loss, but you seem to handling the news very well! There is always a rainbow after the rain...:)I am like you and try to find the good and positive in life and not dwell on the negative! Gratitude and contentment are the keys to a happy life! We all just need to live in the moment and be grateful for the lives we have! BTW....your food always looks so yummy! Can I come eat with you sometime? LOL! I enjoy visiting you....be blessed!

    Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something better coming your way. Wow I could fill the rest of this page (but I won't)
    I'll just say that a terrible horrible thing happened in our family last year. Out of it came a blessing larger and more full of love than we would have ever known.
    I hope you say this one day too.

    Glad you'l be sharing more :)
    Biscottibeth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This can be a turning point in your life, Dori, as well as your husband and family. Just remember as a very great man once said,

    "It isn't as bad as you think it is. It all works out. Don't worry, I say that to myself every morning..."It will all work out." If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us...if we put our trust in Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." Gordon B. Hinckley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your comments. I think you are wonderful. All of you. I truly believe that being positive will bring you nothing but good things and I am so grateful for this blog and the many positive wonderful people I have meant. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your comments. The winner of THE POWER goes to LAWANA. Lawana please contact me at richestoragsbydori@gmail.com with your address so I can send you the book. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Without a doubt, Online dissertation writing services UK is the peak of your academic career. As a result, it is one of the most difficult tasks you will ever encounter in your academic career.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!