Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Easy Mini Apple Pies

Pictures by Little Bit Funky


Super Easy Mini Apple Pies

I am really enjoying my two girls right now. They are 10 and 8 and they are really coming into their own style. I took them shopping tonight for some much needed school shopping and they picked out the cutest outfits. It is amazing how accessories and shoes can change a whole outfit. I had such a fun time picking out clothes with them. We had a really good fun time together tonight that we really needed. We have really had a rough time lately with Dad hurt and me at work full time so it was really fun to let loose and enjoy the evening. 

One thing I started out with Riches to Rags by Dori is Thrift Shopping. I LOVE NOTHING MORE! It is so fun to find those great items for so cheap. I am not ashamed to say that we shop at the Goodwill and other local Thrift Stores. I could shop at the mall if I wanted to but why would I when I can buy named brand clothes for a couple dollars at piece in perfect condition. If I went to the mall they may get just a couple of items. Tonight they got alot and they are giddy giddy giddy!

Some of this stuff has never been worn and still has the tags on it. Justice, Old Navy, Union Bay, Roxy and so much more. Shoes, boots, belts. so much more. I challenge you one night to go and give yourself some time and see what you find and let me know. You will be so pleasantly surprised. I promise. I am one proud mama of my little girls and the wonderful young ladies they are becoming. 

What a happy day it has been. Shopping and now some Yummy food.

I was so excited when I ran across these Mini Apple Pies. I LOVE Apple Pie but I don't make it to often because of how much work it is. Not anymore, now there is a super easy way to cook them and make them THINK you work worked really hard. 

My family will love the small size that they are and a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a must. Small serving size with a nice presentation. This really is super easy to make. 

Click HERE for the Recipe


I found this great easy recipe on Little Bit Funky. Great blog with some really delicious recipes. I love all of her cute graphics.




Hope you enjoy the recipe and please leave me a comment if you make it or just to say hi!

Thanks for stopping by!



Dori

2 comments :

  1. I add my endorsement of thrift shopping, Dori. Our family budget was quite lean for most of the years my kids were growing up. I saved up 15-20 each month so the kids could go to garage sales with me during the summer to get their school clothes. They loved it because they could get things without restrictions on how many, just like you said. The thrift store helped with clothing, camping trips, snow trips and my daughter got a beautiful dress for her first dressy school dance! Hurray for you passing on all these great traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE thrift stores, Dori! Huge fan! When my oldest son, Lucas, was in jr high/high school he didn't like to shop and we went around and around. Jack and I decided to just give him money and let him buy what he wanted. So for school shopping that year we gave him a $100 bill and said this is for your school clothes, see how much you can buy with it. He said, "Will you take me to Goodwill?" We did and he came home literally with bags of clothes and he was hooked and still is to this day. He found a vintage camel hair blazer at a thrift store the other day for $10 and was thrilled. We have done that ever since with all 4 kids and it works really well! I will be trying these pies really soon, too. They look amazing! Thanks, Dori!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!