Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Cheesy Crunchy Homemade Creamy Macaroni and Cheese



Crunchy Cheesy Homemade Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

This cold weather we are having here in Wyoming is getting old! We will be in the -20 to-30's tonight with weather warnings to stay inside to avoid frost bite. I keep telling myself the Summers are worth it! I am posting this picture to remind myself why I love the Summers here, I love them more than this horrible cold. 


I made this delicious Crunchy and Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese last night and it was so good. It was even better today warmed up for lunch at work. I served it with steamed broccoli and it they were the best combination together. This is a family favorite we make and love.

Ingredients

1 small bag of macaroni noodles cooked and drained
6 Tablespoons of cold butter
4 T of flour 
1 pint of half and half
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
4 to 5 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 to 2 cups of crushed corn flakes

Directions

Cook and drain your noodles. In a medium saucepan melt the butter and then add in the flour and mix together well and stir until bubbly. Pour in the half and half, add minced garlic and add in 2/12 cups of cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir until cheese has completely melted and is creamy. Put your cooked noodles in a baking dish and pour the sauce on top. Using a fork poke the sauce down into the noodles. Top with lots of shredded cheese and then top with crushed corn flakes. Pour 2 T of melted butter over the corn flakes. Top with salt and pepper. Cook at 375 until hot, bubbly and brown on the edges. 

Serve with steamed vegetables. 








 Thanks for stopping by!

Dori


1 comment :

  1. This makes me so hungry!!! I'm pinning for sure :)
    In the directions, did you mean "add in 1/2 of the cheese"?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!