Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Artisan Bread




Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with 
Grilled Artisan Bread

Today we had 50 mph winds here in Wyoming. Allll dayyy loonnggg. It was quite irritating I must say. There is something about strong winds that make me so cranky! When it came time to cook I was happy as always because that is what I love to do. Can you tell?

 I couldn't wait to try my new bread recipe I got from Camp Wander for Grilled Artisan Bread on our George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill.  DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR THE GRILL! I told you we use this grill almost every day! You have to try this bread, it is amazing and there is no butter! Seriously, look at it! 




Click HERE for bread recipe. 




My Favorite "Go To" Chicken

Grilled or in a pan. I use thick fresh boneless chicken breasts cut in half the long way. Season with Lawrys, Garlic Salt, Kosher Salt, Pepper and dried parsley flakes on both sides. Leave them long enough on each side to brown then turn. Just keep turning until they are down and brown. Whether you pan cook it or grill it, you will always have a great flavored chicken. I like to make extra to use for later. 


I cannot tell you how good this Alfredo Sauce is. The last one I posted I swore was the best but now I have to say this one hands down. SOOOO GOOD! My husband kept shaking his head with each bite because it tasted so good. 

 Alfredo Sauce
2 cups heavy cream
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese

Combine together the heavy cream, butter and cream cheese.  Simmer on medium heat until all melted. Add Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic salt. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low. Let slightly cool so it will thicken. 

Serve over warm cooked Fettuccine noodles topped with sliced or diced seasoned chicken breasts. Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle a tiny bit of dried parsley flakes on top. 

Serve with some Artisan Bread.




Don't forget to make the bread, it went together so well with it. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Dori


1 comment :

  1. This looks delicious! I love fettuccine alfredo and I want to try your go-to chicken. I think this will be dinner tomorrow night. Thanks Dori!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!