Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade

Pictures by Frosted Bake Shop



Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade


Just looking at this picture makes me crave a nice juicy and sweet Watermelon. There is something about Summer drinks that gets me so excited about Summer. My daughter can't wait to do a lemonade stand and I just might have to sell some of this as well. I came across this at Frosted Bake Shop which has some great recipes so please check out her blog. Really cute too.  




I am somewhat dehydrated tonight and can't seem to get enough water and now I really wish I had one of these to quench my thirst. I like the part where she says you can add sprite instead of water. I will definitely be doing that. Looks really good, refreshing and something that I know my kids will love. 

Ingredients

8 cups cubed and seeded watermelon
1 cup strawberries, halved
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup white sugar
2 cups of water or 7-up

Directions

Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. NOTE: If you cube the watermelon ahead of time and freeze you will have a tiny bit of a slush. YUM!



Here is a little extra tip on how to cut a Watermelon. I never knew this!

Click HERE to see how to pick and cut the perfect Watermelon from Our Best Bites.






Can't wait to give this a try. I might make it a little chunkier with some more Strawberries than it calls for, a cute decorative straw or umbrella and who knows what else. I would love to hear your take on it. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

1 comment :

  1. Mmmmm. Looks so nice, gonna make it for my housemates (lives in a collective house outside Copenhagen/Denmark) the next sunny springday with my new bought blender.
    Gonna look through your blog now sunday evening, great you got time to share and blog with 5 kids around
    kind regards
    Randi

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!