Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins - Kid tested and approved!






Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins

Welcome back to the beautiful state of Wyoming. Look at the sunset we had last night, they get better and better as summer comes. The sunsets are one of my favorite things about Wyoming along with the wide open spaces. 



Boy do I have a treat for you today! I wasn't sure how I was going to like these before I made them but once I ate the first bite I was smitten. These are so good! I love Pizza but I hate all the dough and I end up picking off the toppings most of the time and leaving the crust. This taste so good with the potato and the kids loved it and it was filling! I think the potato is much better for them then the pizza dough. Of course my pizza can never go without Parmesan cheese and ranch. The combination was perfect and they are so easy to make. 
I made these last night and I PROMISE you will LOVE THEM! 

Ingredients

4-5 Russet Potatoes
Sharp Cheddar Cheese or Cheddar and Mozzarella 
Package of Pepperoni
Salt and Pepper
Panko Bread Crumbs (optional)
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce (I used Prego Traditional)
Ranch Dressing (optional but so necessary)

For the potatoes I threw mine in the crock pot in the morning. Wash the potatoes and rub Olive Oil and Kosher salt on the and then wrap in aluminum foil. I poked mine with a knife several times before wrapping.
You can also do the same thing by cooking them in the oven.


Once your potatoes are done scoop out the inside and save ( I used my insides for hash browns this morning). Don't scoop down to the skin  you want to leave some potato in there.  Brush Olive Oil on each side. This is where I sprinkle Panko Bread Crumb and Parmesan on each one.  Cook them until they start to brown a little. 



Now spoon in pizza sauce on each one. 



Fill it up with lots of cheese and top with Pepperoni. I sprinkled more Parmesan on top and a little Kosher Salt and Pepper. (I ran out of pepper so you can hardly see what I had)




Bake a 400 for 15 minutes then I broiled them a little bit for more browning. Just keep an eye on them until they look perfect to you. 



Sprinkle more Parmesan on top and serve. I would have added chopped Green Onions but I didn't have any on hand. Shame on me! You can make any kind of Pizza combo you want but adding all the goodies but for my kids we got Pepperoni. 







Look at that amazing bite! I can't tell you how good these are! You are just going to have to make them and see for yourself. You are going to love them. Kid tested and approved!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this recipe and tell me if you made them and if you love them as much as I did!  

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

1 comment :

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!