Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Jalapeno Creamed Corn


Welcome to Wyoming

This morning I woke up to a beautiful morning and told my husband and kids that we needed to get in the car and drive up to the Flaming Gorge and enjoy a day outdoors. I couldn't wait to take some pictures and share them with you. These are a few of the pictures I took today.  What a beautiful place we live in , I love it here and thanks for letting me share these with you. The pictures below were taken shortly before our afternoon crisis. 

To make a long story short, at about 3:00 we were by Sheep Creek Bay enjoying some fun and the kids were throwing rocks into the water. Simple enough right? No, all the sudden my daughter picked up a rock the size of a grapefruit and went to chuck it in the water for a nice big splash but instead (by accident of course) chucked it into the back of the head of my other daughter hence splitting her head open! I won't go into detail but I am sure you can imagine if it was one of your kids the panic you would feel being so far away! 

I can't say I handled it well (I'm a bit of a spaz when my kids get seriously hurt) but luckily my husband was with us and is a certified EMT and dealt with it much better than I did. We had an hour and a half drive to the nearest hospital. So, our fun day outdoors turned out not so fun in the afternoon but thank goodness our daughter is fine and only had to get three staples in her head, no concussion. Poor thing, she was so brave though. 






All photos unless otherwise noted are property of Riches to Rags by Dori.









Now for the Food!

After that rough afternoon I now get to dive into the wonderful world of food and blogging. I love them both. I love Jalapenos! They are so good and add to so many wonderful recipes. This tasty creation comes from Blog Her who claims that this is "The only side dish you will ever need". She just may be right! Bless her. What a delicious creamy combination with the corn and jalapenos. Going to be a crowd favorite. 

Scrumptious picture by Blog Her

Jalapeno Creamed Corn

1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, room temperature
8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
3 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced (or more if you like some heat!). The 3 seeded jalapenos creates zip, NOT heat...kids even eat this and ask for more!
3 cans (11 ounces each) of white shoepeg corn, drained
Mix all ingredients together in a 13x9 pan. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Stir again before serving. Enjoy!! 
Dori

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!