Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fruit Salad with Baked Cinnamon Chips



Fruit Salad with Baked Cinnamon Chips

 I can't get over this recipe. This has me so excited for all the wonderful fruits we get to enjoy in the summer. This looks so good and has the perfect combination of fruits. This would be a PERFECT salad to bring a family party, baby shower, church function or just to have at home for your own family. Either way, this one is sure to be a huge hit! The salad alone is amazing and then you add BAKED Cinnamon Chips and you have a winner.  What an awesome recipe. 

I found this at The Girl Who Ate Everything through a Pinterest pin. It stopped me immediately when I saw it. I love when that happens! So, lucky for us for a great picture that caught my attention!

Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips

2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 (16 oz) carton of strawberries, diced
2 tablespoons white sugar (more or less to taste)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (more or less to taste)
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor (I used strawberry)

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray

Cinnamon sugar:
1 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes. 

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

3.Coat one side of each flour tortilla with melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle tortillas with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Spray again with cooking spray (not necessary if using melted butter). 

4.Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture. This salsa can also be serve with cinnamon graham crackers or cinnamon pita chips. Best when made and eaten the same day otherwise the fruit gives off so too much juice and it gets runny.



I hope you are as excited about this recipe as I am! Summer can't get here quick enough and warmer gardening weather. I know you will enjoy this one. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori



4 comments :

  1. Thanks, Dori, I love this! Just my kind of fruit too. Cinnamon and sugar on anything is wonderful. Try putting it on left-over pie crusts. ;) Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sooo heavenly for an afternoon on the deck! Can't wait to try it! Found your blog via Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this recipe about 50 times (no kidding!) and it is a hit every time. I use 2 Fuji apples and 1 granny smith. I nix the brown sugar and add a tbsp or two of Lemon Juice also. The sugar pulls out the juices and lemon keeps the fruit crunchy! I also make it even easier by serving with cinnamon graham crackers. Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole, Good idea on Pie Crust! That sounds wonderful.
    Brooke, Thanks for the comment and I agree, it sounds wonderful outdoors on a summer day.
    Just Beachy, Good ideas, I will have to give that try. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!