Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes





Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

One thing we love here in this house is a good pan seared steak and potatoes with salad. I will do a separate post on the steak, it is amazing. When I came across this recipe and saw the ingredients, there was no doubt this was going to taste amazing. Everyone needs a good recipe for mashed potatoes, so here is one to add to your recipe file.



I'm a sucker for potatoes. I have a board just for potatoes on Pinterest.  The only thing the picture above is missing is a nice slice of butter on top melting down the sides with some freshly ground pepper.  This recipe is made with Red potatoes which I LOVE! You are not going to be sorry with this one I promise! This recipe is adapted from Kraft Foods. I add chives into mine

Ingredients
2 lb. red potatoes (about 6), cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
½ cup Reduced Fat or Light Sour Cream
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Chives optional 

Directions
COOK potatoes in boiling broth in large covered saucepan 15 min., stirring after 8 min. Uncover; simmer 5 to 6 min. or until potatoes are tender and most of the broth is absorbed.
STIR in Neufchatel; mash potatoes on low heat just until Neufchatel is melted. Add sour cream and Parmesan; mash and stir until potatoes are smooth and mixture is heated through.
Top with a slice of butter and season potatoes with freshly ground black pepper.
I don't know about you but I am incredibly hungry now! These potatoes are great way to add some flavor to the normal mashed potatoes so I hope you enjoy them. Check back soon for the post on the pan seared steak with crumbled blue cheese on top. So delicious. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Dori




No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!