Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Broccoli Chicken Cups



Broccoli-Chicken Cups

The weather was 78 degrees yesterday and today was 41 with rain! What the heck? I am very thankful for an indoor pool at the hotel. I didn't pack well for that. Luckily my kids are acclimated to the wild Wyoming weather and 41 degrees seems like beach weather to them. 

Day two of Spring Break is behind us. Spent time with family today and miss them all so much. It was nice to just sit down and spend time with them around the table over lunch and dinner and talking in the kitchen while cleaning up. It dawned on me how important food is and how it brings us so close together while we are surrounding the table. Having good recipes will always make it that much better.  

I am always looking for a good meal that is quick and easy but still satisfying. I love Chicken and Broccoli together and this is so easy to make and only takes 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. A great family meal that the kids will love as well. This is a recipe I found at Taste of Home. I love recipes that are easily baked in Muffin Pans. 




 Broccoli-Chicken Cups

Ingredients

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1-1/3 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
      3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained

 Directions

Place biscuits in greased muffin cups, pressing dough onto the bottom and up the sides. Add 1 tablespoon cheese and cereal to each cup.

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup and broccoli; spoon into each muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 10-12 servings.

Don't those sound delicious????  Hope you enjoy them. I always love to hear your comments on how you like them and if you made them. It gets lonely in here all by myself if you don't talk to me! Have a wonderful day. 
Dori



6 comments :

  1. Wow, where are you? Such a drastic change in weather. Texas maybe? These Broccoli Chicken Cups look delicious, definitely going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good but I am hesitant about the cereal...does it really taste better with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also curious about the cereal but will definitely try them. Living in Florida I try to consolidate my meal ingredients for less cooking time-especially in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Love ur blog! Question: is there a difference if I use fresh broccoli? & what is a good alternative to the cream of mushroom soup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paloma, Fresh Broccoli would be wonderful and just taste that much better! As an alternative you could Alfredo Sauce or even better go to the link below and see a great way to make your own SOS Sauce to replace Cream of Anything Soups. Thanks for stopping by! http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/03/soup-or-sauce-s-o-s-mix.html#c6315300430037895231

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried this yet, but I want to. Have you tried it with homemade biscuit dough?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!