Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini Post - Tuna Melt Boats



Tuna Boat Melts - Brilliant!

Some peoples kids I tell you! Why can't I come up with brilliant ideas like this? So smart and so delicious.

Perfect if you are on a low carb kick or even just for a healthy meal or snack! I mentioned before that I am working on healthier meals to keep my cholesterol down and this is perfect.  I actually got in trouble from my Mom for posting the Bacon Salt post (shhh, don't tell Mom but it is really good). Geez! I'm 42 and she still scolds me and corrects my grammar. I wouldn't trade it for the world because that shows that she loves me.  Love you Mom. Don't ever stop.

I might actually put this on a piece of English Muffin toast as well.
 My Mom used to make something similar to this with an English Muffin and it was really good. 
But for crying out loud! Don't use the Bacon Salt!  (or do)

Back to the yummy healthy Recipe of The Day. Brought to you by Yes I want Cake. Nice job and I want cake too, but don't tell Mom.




Tuna Melt Boats
makes 5
  • 10 oz canned white albacore tuna
  • 2 T mayonnaise
  • 1 T spicy mustard
  • 2 sticks celery, chopped finely
  • 1 small pickle, chopped finely
  • 1 T pickle juice
  • salt and pepper
  • 5 romaine lettuce leaves
  • 1/2 C cheddar cheese
Combine everything but the romaine lettuce and cheddar cheese. Then divide the tuna equally between the five lettuce leaves and broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted.

Enjoy Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Dori


2 comments :

  1. Just found your site off of pintrest and I am in love with many of your ideas, as a single parent who stays at home (I share a house with my bro and sis who also are single parents)..to take care of my 3 kids and my niece and nephew, I am always looking for new ideas so we can stay on budget. Will definiely be bookmarking your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found these on Pinterest. Oh yummy!! Putting these on next week's menu for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!