Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cowboy Brownie Bites - All the way from Wyoming

 


Cowboy Brownie Bites
Brought to you from the beautiful wide open spaces of Wyoming.

I love Wyoming, we have some of the best Summers anywhere. The winters may be rough but it is so worth it when the weather turns warm and you get to explore the great outdoors again. The skies are so blue, the air is so clean and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else except maybe on a Ranch somewhere in Wyoming.  We have big plans for this Summer with a trip to Disneyland (trying to gear myself up for that one) and then back to Wyoming to the Grand Tetons for camping.  There might not be many places prettier than the Grand Teton Mountains, not to mention all the awesome Fossil hunting, oh how we love to find Fossils.  


Now back to these delicious Cowboy Brownie Bites. They are soooo good and even better warm out of the oven. Make these your own, have a brownie bar and let your kids decorate their brownies with different items, they will have a blast. When I made these today my kids devoured them. I was able to grab a few to send off with my husband tonight at work. They are really simple to make.

Ingredients

Cowboy Brownie Bites
Adapted from Baked Perfection

Makes 40 brownies

1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate)
1/2 cup Reeses peanut butter chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup Caramel ( I just bought the store bought in a jar Kroger's brand)
¼ Heath Toffee Bar Bits - Right by the the other chips.
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar sifted slightly on top.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.

Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon). Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet. After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the “goodies”.

While brownies are still warm spoon and drizzle a little bit of caramel on top of each brownie. Sprinkle some toffee and top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. I then drizzle a tiny bit more caramel and a tiny touch of the toffee. Cool completely in pan.

 

Not quite sure why I have chocolate syrup in the picture! 
Guess you could add that to if you wanted too!


Spoon Brownie mix into a greased mini muffin tins. 


Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes (ovens may vary, I did 13) Use a toothpick to pull them out after they have cooled slightly. 


I make a small indention to help hold the goodies.


Here are the goodies. mmmmmm


Once they are decorated you can move them to a clean plate for a pretty presentation.


The delicious finished Cowboy Brownie Bite.


Hope you enjoyed this recipe and will come back often for more delicious recipes from the wonderful state of Wyoming. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

3 comments :

  1. I made these for easter and my whole family loved them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they like them! Hope you had a wonderful day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for my son's private school dinner/auction fund raiser. They look sssssoooooo yummy. Took all my will power not to have one! I did let him try one and he said it was really good. I hope they sell well!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!