Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli Supreme




Today was a wonderful day here in Wyoming. 
Mostly sunny with a light breeze and warm enough to enjoy it. Had a wonderful day with the kids and this evening we took them to fly a Kite in the field. I haven't flown a kite forever! After several attempts we finally got it up in the air and the kids were ecstatic! Good day.

I keep thinking it is Sunday because this is usually a meal that I prepare on a Sunday. I ended up doing it today because I wanted to blog about it.   These are my three kids who I love with all my heart and just like me they love to eat and enjoy the process I go through when blogging about it. 


I love this recipe. My mother introduced this to me several years ago when she made it at her house. Every time I make it everyone loves it. It has such a good taste to it and with the added stuffing and cheese just makes it that much better. We had this for dinner tonight with a nice salad and Strawberries in Milk with Sugar on top. Very good. 

Chicken and Broccoli Supreme

Ingredients

1 Box of Chicken Stove Top Stuffing
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup of Mayonnaise (I use Best Foods)
1/4 teaspoon Curry (optional)
1 to 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese or Cheese of your choice
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 teaspoons of Butter (for stuffing)
1 head of Broccoli or a frozen package cleaned and cut-up
3 to 4 Chicken Breasts (cooked and cubed)

1. Prepare your stuffing as directed on box. Do this first so it has time to cool. 
2. Cook your Chicken Breasts. I thaw mine out and then boil them in water until no longer pink in the middle and set them on the cutting board to cool. Cut up chicken into small chunks and layer the bottom of a 9 X 13 greased glass dish. 
3. Cut-up Broccoli and layer on top of the Chicken. 
4. Mix together Cream of Chicken, Mayonnaise, lemon juice and Salt and Pepper. Pour on top of broccoli and smooth around evenly. 
5. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees then take out of the oven and sprinkle the stuffing on top(add as much or as little as you want. You won't use the whole box). 
6. Add as much cheese on top that you desire, I like a lot but put whatever you want. Sprinkle a little Pepper and cook for 10 minutes more. 

That's it! I served mine with a nice salad and Strawberries in milk with Sugar for dessert. 


Prepare and cook your stuffing first so it can cool.

Layer cut up Chicken Breasts on bottom of dish.

Layer cut-up Broccoli on top of Chicken 

Mix together Cream of Chicken, Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice and Salt and Pepper
then pour on top of Broccoli.

Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Take out of oven and sprinkle cooked Stove Top Stuffing on top. 
You will not need the whole box.

Sprinkle cheese on top of Stuffing.
 I used the cheese I had on hand which was mixed cheeses. 
Add a little bit of Pepper on top.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes.

Finished. Now enjoy. 


Serve a nice salad on the side......

..... and some delicious Strawberries in milk with sugar on top. 



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does. It is a great tasting meal. Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow! Maybe dessert?????

Dori

Please help keep Riches to Rags by Dori going by clicking the Sponsor Ads, liking my face book, becoming a follower and sharing with your friends. Thank you so much for all your support!






4 comments :

  1. Thanks Kasey, you will love it, the flavor is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made and tried these today. So good! I couldn't stop eating them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this out last night and it was a HUGE hit with my kids!!! Thanks for the easy to follow, awesome to eat recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!