Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, March 30, 2012

BLT Chicken Avocado Sliders with Provolone




BLT Chicken Avocado Sliders with Provolone


Welcome back to Wyoming. We got some rain last night and a beautiful sunny day today. Tonight we are getting rain again which is good because the plants and grass need it.  Kids last day at school today and now they are off for Spring Break. I am so excited for the road trips we are about to go on! I will also have my beloved computer with me for sanity. 






Having all three kids in one car in one row. *Sigh*  You know what I am talking about if you have kids. These are a few things we will hear....."How much longer"? "She won't stop looking at me"! "Why do I have to sit next to him"! "I have to go to the bathroom" (that would be about 10 minutes after the last stop), "It's my turn with the Ipad", "His arm is touching me"!, "I miss the Van", "Mama"? "He interrupted me"! "Do trees have babies"?, "I want a younger brother", "Do you have any Candy"?, "Are we there yet"?, "Can we listen to Justin Bieber"?..........(Breathe, just Breathe)


My girls squealed when they saw this.




OK, since you came here for the recipe, here we go!

Ingredients

1 bag of Rhodes frozen Dinner Rolls
1 package of Bacon - Cook the bacon 
3 Large Chicken Breasts or 4 to 5 small
2 T. Olive Oil
Sliced Provolone Cheese 
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Avocado
Mayonnaise (optional, really not needed)


If you have never used Rhodes Rolls they are the Best! These dinner rolls are so soft and melt in your mouth. They are soooo good with a sandwich. All you do is buy the frozen rolls and put them in a greased glass dish with a little space between them. Then take a piece of Cling Wrap big enough to cover them and spray the inside with Pam (or non-stick spray) so when the rolls rise they won't stick to the wrap.  Loosely cover them and let them rise for about 4 hours. You will see when they are ready. There is a quicker way on the back of the bag but this is what I always do.  Don't forget to cook the bacon at some point, I like mine of the crispier side. 




When they look like they are ready,carefully take off the Cling Wrap. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 325 for 13-15 minutes. I did mine for 13 but each oven is different. Take them out and let them cool. 


Chicken

These are really thick Chicken Breasts. I cut them in half because you don't want them that thick. 


These are my go to Seasonings. The Accent adds so much to the flavor but you don't need it. 


Season the Chicken with your favorite seasonings. 


Add 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and let it get hot in the skillet. 
Add Chicken and cook until nice and brown on each side. Takes a little while to get brown.


Take them out and then place a piece of Provolone Cheese
 on each one so it can melt while they are hot.



Now that your rolls have cooled, take them and split them open and then cut in half. 



Cut your Chicken Breast in half and fit one half piece on bottom of roll. Add sliced Avocado and some Salt and Pepper to taste. Are you seeing the vision yet? Getting hungry?


Slice some tomatoes and add your crispy bacon. You can add Mayo if you want but you don't need it. It is nice and juicy with the tomatoes. I can't tell you how delicious all these ingredients are together. It is heavenly. Press down on that beautiful sandwich and take a big bite! The soft rolls are what make it all come together. 




So there it is, my favorite Sandwich in the whole world. I hope that you will take the time to make it and see why. 

Dessert!

Can't forget Dessert! One small scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with cut-up Strawberries and Banana's. Topped with Chocolate Syrup and Crushed up Heath Toffee Chips. So delicious, there are no words.  




So that is my recipe for you today that we enjoyed eating tonight for dinner. I just love having a food blog and sharing these recipes with you. Thanks so much for stopping by and supporting Riches to Rags by Dori. See you tomorrow!
Dori

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!