Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

St. Patrick Day Decorating, Baking and Gifts!

I might be a little early but I like to have some time to plan before the next holiday. My last name now that I am married is O'DELL how much more Irish can you get? I have to do something right? Well, I am not the biggest fan of St. Patrick's Day but this year I am turning over a new leaf (get it? leaf? shamrock?...anyways...) and doing some decoration for my Irish heritage. 

St. Patrick's Day has always been one of those holidays that I can never find anything cute to decorate with. I decided to find some NEW and inspiring ideas and share them with you! I was pleasantly surprised at how many I was able to find! 

 Several years ago was in charge of decorating at St. Patrick's day table at work. It was horrific, I couldn't find anything cute to decorate with and it ended up really tacky. I still have nightmares.  Needless to say I have never decorated for this holiday again. I REALLY wish I had thought to look on the internet back then, but now I see what great ideas I can use to decorate and leave those bad memories behind! ENJOY!

ST. PATRICK'S DAY IDEAS! 








                                            SOURCE                                            SOURCE


The above link is where I got the picture and I want to make sure credit goes where it should and they are beautiful BUT I also think these would be AMAZING with the 
Sour Cream Cookies recipe from
These have been in our family since I can remember and she has a tutorial on her blog. EVERYONE loves these cookies. You will be the hit of the party wherever you take them!


                             SOURCE                                                             SOURCE



                                          SOURCE                                               SOURCE

  SOURCE







                            SOURCE                                                           SOURCE



 
               SOURCE                                                            SOURCE


Remember to look at your local THRIFT STORES to help with those decorating items. As you can see there really are some great ideas out there to use for decorations, baking, kids, etc. I am excited to decorate this year after not allowing myself for a long time. I would love to hear any of your ideas that you do on the St. Patrick's Day holiday that you would like to share. Thanks for stopping by.

*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*

Dori


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!