Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ladder Home and Garden Decorating.





I have an old ladder that we got from my parents a while back. It isn't really old but it is old enough where the sticker is still on it and it only cost $6. We took it because we needed a ladder but it isn't safe to use anymore and I have had my eye on it wondering what kind of decor I could do with it. 



I love old ladders. Especially the vintage ones, they are comforting to me. I started looking on the internet to see what different ideas I could find for my ladder and they it dawned on me to blog about it and share with you what I found. 


Please make sure you read the bottom of the post where it talks about the safety of decorating with ladders in your garden and home. 


Here is my ladder in the garage waiting to be turned into something great....






           
I just LOVE these colors. 
This beauty is what I have decided to do with  my ladder. 


DECORATING YOUR HOME AND GARDEN WITH LADDERS




Can't wait for Spring!  SOURCE

This is one of my second favorite!  SOURCE



SOURCE
I really like this one too. The love rustic look with the jars. 











SOURCE

I hope you like these ideas as much as I did!

Next time you go to the Thrift Store or a Garage Sale and you see and old ladder or any ladder for cheap you can now look at them in a whole new light. You will be able to see some ideas that you can do with it instead of passing it up and not even noticing it! That is why I do this blog is to put ideas in your head when you see something you normally wouldn't ever think to do anything with and turn those items into home decorations. Have fun!
 I can't wait to get mine started. 


Please review some safety rules on Ladder decorating for the home and garden HERE








*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*


Thank you for stopping by!

Dori

6 comments :

  1. I found you through pinterest and I love the very detailed blogging you do. Ladders are one of my loves and we use them in the store all the time. Great pic of our use on my Grace style board. I look forward to looking through your previous posts. Crates for one.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluff House, thank you for your comment. I love all the different used for ladders that I never knew were possible. Hope you enjoy the other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to figure out yard decorating for my almost two acres in the Texas country...thank you for the ladder ideas! I love them and will now be looking at ladders in a whole new light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting.
    eva calor pelletkachels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy our Plastic Grids For Parking , are made with Heavy Duty Material, Our Grass Grids allow water to permeate into the ground That Reduce the flooding and excess groundwater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tarpaulin , is Proud to be the UK's Largest Tarpaulins Supplier. We are Dealing in Every Kind of Tarpaulins Like Heavy Duty Tarpaulins & Waterproof Tarpaulins.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!