Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Ultimate Crunchy Chicken Fingers

I wasn't going to do another blog today on a recipe since I did one yesterday BUT, these were so good and the family loved them so why not??? This is my own recipe I put together called the ULTIMATE CRUNCHY CHICKEN FINGERS. The nice thing about these is that they are backed and not fried. I drizzled a little ranch on top as you see in the picture because everything is better with Hidden Valley homemade ranch. When I can find something that the whole family eats including the kids I considerate it a small miracle. I served these with baked potatoes and salad. Yummy. Here are the step by step directions on how I made these. Enjoy!




ULTIMATE CRUNCHY CHICKEN FINGERS





Here are the ingredients that you will need: I have lots of people to feed so my recipe may be a little bigger than you want but you can cut it down. 

  • 3 lb bag of chick tenderloins thawed, they are already the perfect size. 
  • 3 eggs slightly beaten
  • 1 1/3 cup of flour
  • 1 Tablespoon of Lawry's
  • 1 Cup of Parmesan cheese 
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 garlic salt
  • 1/4 t pepper
  • 1 stick of butter
  • Corn Flakes

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Don't forget to spray or they WILL STICK!





Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Don't forget to spray!


Mix together flour and seasonings in a bowl.



                                                                              Slightly beat the 3 eggs






Dip the chicken in the egg 


Dip the chicken in the bowl with the flour and seasonings then put on the cookie sheet




Crunch a handful of corn flakes over the chicken until you have the desired amount. 



Melt the butter and with a spoon drizzle over the cornflakes so they get covered in butter. The more butter the better. 







Sprinkle with salt and pepper on top and put in the oven for 14 minutes.




They are very tender and delicious when they come out. 




If I had more time I would have made mashed potatoes in stead of baked but these were good. Serve with your favorite side and enjoy! They are very yummy. You could cut them up for kids and they can dip them in ketchup if that is what they like. Hidden Valley Ranch is by far the best ranch I have ever had. I can't do bottled ranch.  Two of my kids love ranch one doesn't. They all went crazy over the chicken. 





Hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Check back tomorrow! Thanks again for stopping by. 

Dori

*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*

2 comments :

  1. I love your blog! (and you) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious I love your blog love katie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!