Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Superbowl easy party ideas







The SUPERBOWL is approaching quickly and lots of parties will be happening all over the United States. Sadly the Packers will not be advancing. :( My second team would have been the 49ers but that ended as well.  


For those still celebrating the game with a Superbowl party I want to share a few ideas with you of some appetizers and dessert that you can serve. There are so many great recipes out there but these are just some simple ones. I am all about simple and these are tested and approved! If you have the Martha Stewart gene than this probably will be just to easy but if you don't like me than you will love it!



BAKED POTATO BAR!






This is such a great idea to feed lots of people for cheap. They are filling. Try doing this for dinner for your family one night. It is a big hit at my house on baked potato night. The easy part is the potatoes! Use your CROCK POT to make them! If you are having a big party you might need two crock pots depending on how many people you have coming. 


It is so simple. Wash the potatoes, rub them with Olive Oil and coat them with Kosher salt (the salt will contain the extra moisture), wrap them in foil and put them in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. DONE! Now your oven is free and you don't have to heat up your house (unless you live in WY and that is a plus!)







Here are just a few ideas of some TOPPINGS that can be put on the potatoes.....
  • Butter
  • Chives
  • Sour Cream
  • Ranch Dressing (Hidden Valley Ranch recommended from the package)
  • Grated Cheddar Cheese
  • Chicken 
  • Bacon crumbled (Real bacon is much better than bacon bits.)
  • Kosher salt and Peppers
Check your local Dollar Store for some matching dishes for your toppings if you don't have any. 



APPETIZERS


DORI'S FAMOUS BEAN DIP


This is my famous BEAN DIP RECIPE! Whenever I need to bring an appetizer to something this is what I bring. It is always a huge hit and people will ask who made it and what the recipe is. Before I would say "If I told you I would have to kill you" but now I am willing to share it all with you so can enjoy and be the hit of the party. Be prepared to hand out the recipe. I would suggest doubling this recipe if there is lots of people. I usually double it for family parties or large gatherings.





It's not the best picture but I promise it is good.

This is another crock pot recipe...Use a medium crock pot. 

16 oz. can of refried beans
1 Cup of Salsa (I always use Picante)
2 Cups of Jack and Cheddar Cheese bag mix
1 Cups of Sour Cream 
3 oz. package of Cream Cheese
1 T. Chili Powder

Throw it in the crock pot and put it on high or low depending on how much time you have. Stir it every once in a while until it is all melted together.




BAGEL CHIPS AND ARTICHOKE PARMESEAN DIP


These are my weakness. You don't have to make anything, just buy it. I bought both of these at Smith's. It is addicting and a quick way to serve an appetizer. Have a platter with a nice center and dump the chips around. Done. 

















I got this cute Crate and Barrel dish at the Thrift Store for $2 a while back and it is perfect for this. 







This picture was taken cold, It is amazing cold I can't imagine how it might taste hot but here is a picture....YUM





DESSERT


So now you have a filling Potato, some yummy appetizers. Now how about a quick yummy dessert or two??
These are really good and add some color to your display of yummy foods.




These are a good idea to have for kids at the party.





DON'T FORGET THE DRINKS!


I just saw one like these at Smith's for $19.99 about a week ago with a stand. These are from   Pottery Barn and cost a whopping $79.



KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL BUT ARE GOING TO A PARTY?


Read this handy football primer before you watch the Super Bowl, and learn everything you need to know about football before the big game.




Have a great time whatever your plans are for Superbowl Sunday. Hope you enjoyed these few simple ideas. Thanks for stopping by.

Dori

*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!