Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Candle Decorating Ideas




It has been a couple of days since I have posted because my daughter has had the stomach flu and with VERY LITTLE sleep I couldn't get my creative juices flowing until today. Glad to be back! 


My first winter here in Wyoming has not been that bad considering it has been a VERY mild winter compared to usual. Having a wood burning fireplace gives a special feeling when it is cold outside. I am sooooo grateful to have one. In addition to the fire I have to have candles. I just have too! There is something about a luminating Candle in the room that just brings a little peace.


One thing that there is never a short of at the THRIFT STORE is candles. You can find new candles, used candles, funky candles, all colors and smells. I like to buy the cheap used ones and melt the wax for another project.


This is some of what you will find at the Thrift Store for used candles. You may even have some around the house that you normally would throw away!


You can turn the old ones into these! SOURCE







DECORATING YOUR HOME WITH CANDLES



 TEA CUP CANDLES

You can usually always find cute mismatched tea cups at the Thrift Store.


I love these. You can buy a bag of the rocks at the Dollar Tree for $1 plus they have the candles and jars.


MASON JAR CANDLES
Oh how I love anything to do with a Mason Jar!




CUTE FOR VALENTINES







MY FAVORITE!!!!

 ADORABLE WITH THE FLOWERS!


LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I find silver plated items all the time from the THRIFT STORE. I can buy some wax at the Dollar Store or use old candles and save $29. 


CUTE FOR EASTER



 SO CLEVER, WEDDING?


 WEDDING AISLE


If you have little kids and want to do something without a frame don't forget about the Flameless Candles. They are wonderful for certain projects and flicker just like a real candle. You can get them at the dollar store for usually three for a dollar. 

Pottary Barn sells them for $8.50 plus shipping. I think the Dollar Tree would be better.



Candles add so much and I hope you enjoyed today's blog and that you find some inspiration in adding some new decor to your home with CANDLES!

Thanks again for stopping by.

Dori

*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*



I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS!


















5 comments :

  1. I love the candles floating in water I'm moving to my first apartment and I'm definately going to do this idea!! Thanksss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see your apartment :P

      Delete
  2. Love these ideas. Thank-you! Super-inspired for my daughters wedding in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really are awesome ideas. Sometimes we like to buy candle lanterns online, just as a quick holiday decoration. This year I think we can try some of this amazing DIY goodness.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!